Crocels provides support workers through a number of government schemes, including Access2Work and the Disabled Students Allowance initiative. At present these include:
- Specialist job, study and life skills training (£133.00+VAT per hour)
- Specialist training and examination support (£61.66+VAT)
- Specialist one to one study skills support (£44.88+VAT per hour)
- Specialist mentoring and enabling support for severe disabilities (£42.40+VAT per hour)
- Specialist mentoring and enabling support for moderate disabilities (£29.60+VAT per hour)
- Practical help with coursework, library, workshop and laboratory assignments (£17.56+VAT per hour)
- Specialist support with coursework and assignment proofing (£15.00+VAT)
- Specialist support for independent working, reading and mobility (£11.00+VAT per hour)
Each support worker’s activities are tailored to the individual needs to the student, worker, or other person with a specific learning or workplace need. Support session times can fit around the student or worker’s disabilities, including at night. Examples of activities we can provide support workers for include:
- Scan chapters of text or journals articles as directed by the supported person to an agreed format.
- Assist the supported person in defining and delivering their course or workplace commitments and requirements.
- Assist the supported person in the development of “soft” skills required to produce appropriate outputs.
- Assist with the noting and addressing feedback points from tutors or managers of the supported person.
- Discuss the interpretation of abstract language in assignment or workplace briefs with the supported person.
For further information on how Crocels might help your worker or student who has a disability or other specific learning need then please contact us on +44(0)1792 345105.